Lodi California's LARGEST and MOST EXPERIENCED Tint Shop
- We carry only the best film in the industry.
- Licensed and insured.
- California License #894047.
- What does a lifetime warranty really mean?
- Can I legally tint the front side windows (driver & passenger)?
- Do all window films protect against UV?
- What is the meaning of IR for window films?
- Does film fade?
- Does film bubble?
- Will the film last forever?
- How long is it recommended that I wait to roll down my windows?
- Does Clear shield (PPF) come with any type of warranty
- What is (digital) “computer cut”?
- Why doesn’t your shop provide mobile window service for vehicles?
- Is factory tint better than after-market film?
- Is it necessary to make an appointment?
- Will window film provide me with privacy day and night for my home?
- Does window film qualify for any type of rebate?
What does a lifetime warranty really mean?
A “lifetime warranty” has become standard terminology in the industry of window films. Many lifetime warranties do not cover fading or film replacement. Warranties come with limitations on replacement cost, therefore allowing labor to be charged at the discretion of the window tinting shop to replace the film. ”Lifetime Warranty” has become exploited by marketers and causes confusion to the consumer.
Can I legally tint the front side windows (driver & passenger)
Yes, we carry window tint film that meet the State of California as follows:
- The law prohibits any person from driving any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows, within certain limited exceptions.
- However, legislation signed into law effective Jan 1, 1999, exempts from the above prohibition specified clear, colorless and transparent material that is installed, affixed, or applied to the front driver and passenger side windows for the specific purpose of reducing ultraviolet rays.
Do all window films protect against UV?
Yes. We do carry window films that provide the highest level of UVA and UVB rejection by blocking up to 99.9% of harmful UV rays. Thus, allowing window film’s protective shield to help defend against the dangers of UV and helping keep interiors such as furniture, floorings, wall coverings, automobile and most importantly your loved ones.
What is the meaning of IR for window films?
IR stands for Infrared rays that are responsible for warming and the sensation of heat.
Does film fade?
More than half of the film in the industry will fade over a period of time due to sun exposure. Some films will fade completely within a 2 year time frame and other films fade slowly over time. Because technology is always advancing, it enables us to provide films that don’t fade. Not all film manufacturers offer warranties that cover fading of film.
Does film bubble?
Yes. All films bubble over a period of time. This has been an ongoing problem for years, and will continue to be a problem for years to come. The reason film can bubble is because some film adhesives will fail to last due to sun exposure, while other films with better adhesive (which is more costly to the consumer) may last longer. It is important to understand the manufacturer’s warranty of the film being installed.
Will the film last forever?
No. Unfortunately, even the highest quality window film won’t last forever, and at some stage will wear out to the point that it needs to be removed or replaced
How long is it recommended that I wait to roll down my windows?
The average time is 24 hours. Although it can vary, depending on the time of year and the weather.
Does Clear shield (PPF) come with any type of warranty?
Yes. Clear shield is backed by a strong 5 year manufacturer warranty.
What is (digital) “computer cut”?
When you use a computer to cut out the patterns for the car, you fully eliminate any chance for cut gaskets and etched glass. The computer cut will cut the ting completely separate from your car, giving you a straighter top, edges and more precise fitments for any make and model.
Why doesn’t your shop provide mobile window service for vehicles??
We do not offer this service because we know the importance of providing a clean environment (establishment) to ensure the proper installation of the window film.
Is factory tint better than after-market film?
Yes and No. Factory film last longer than window films. Unfortunately most factory films lack solar properties. After-market film provides you superior UV & IR protection and can be placed over factory tint to increase the amount of protection.
Is it necessary to make an appointment?
Walk-ins are always welcome! We encourage that you make an appointment to guarantee same day service.
Will window film provide me with privacy day and night for my home?
No. There is not any window film that will give you day and night privacy. In order for the film to give you maximum privacy it requires light on one side of the window to create a one-way effect. We do carry décor film that will provide you daytime and nighttime privacy with restricted vision on both sides.
Does window film qualify for any type of rebate?
Yes. There are usually many rebates available depending on the area where you reside and sometimes even tax credits!